Started Oct 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
walkaround
Senior MemberPosts: 2,551
Like?
Re: Is the NEX-5T the last NEX camera?
In reply to MrTaikitso, Oct 3, 2013

MrTaikitso wrote:

I have owned a 5R and know what superb IQ you can get from an NEX, however, to be 100% impartial and analytical...

2. The NEX suffers a problem that I as a UX (user experience) guy spotted right away, and that is that it is not an accessible camera, even the 6/7, despite more knobs, are not. Rather than two labelled tactile foolproof dials, such as on a typical Canon, Nikon or Sony full size DSLR, the NEX rely on a fiddly rear dial (that doubles as a flash etc selector) not to mention a nightmare of a menu interface. And further, the smallish buttons and controls are not suited to larger hands.

I agree 100%. The mere fact that you can't make the topmost "Soft Key" act as the AEL is an astounding oversight to me. I wonder if anyone on the UI design team has ever even used a camera. And the "Fn" button... don't get me started.

The 5R body shape, size, build quality and feel are all excellent. The UI design sucks.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow