Is the NEX-5T the last NEX camera?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
walkaround
Senior MemberPosts: 1,035Gear list
Like?
Re: Is the NEX-5T the last NEX camera?
In reply to MrTaikitso, 11 months ago

MrTaikitso wrote:

I have owned a 5R and know what superb IQ you can get from an NEX, however, to be 100% impartial and analytical...

2. The NEX suffers a problem that I as a UX (user experience) guy spotted right away, and that is that it is not an accessible camera, even the 6/7, despite more knobs, are not. Rather than two labelled tactile foolproof dials, such as on a typical Canon, Nikon or Sony full size DSLR, the NEX rely on a fiddly rear dial (that doubles as a flash etc selector) not to mention a nightmare of a menu interface. And further, the smallish buttons and controls are not suited to larger hands.

I agree 100%. The mere fact that you can't make the topmost "Soft Key" act as the AEL is an astounding oversight to me. I wonder if anyone on the UI design team has ever even used a camera. And the "Fn" button... don't get me started.

The 5R body shape, size, build quality and feel are all excellent. The UI design sucks.

walkaround's gear list:walkaround's gear list
Canon ELPH 310 HS Nikon Coolpix P310 Canon PowerShot S110 NEX5R Olympus PEN E-PL5 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow