Is the NEX-5T the last NEX camera?

Started Oct 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gato Amarillo
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,553
Like?
Interesting thought, and scary
In reply to parallaxproblem, Oct 3, 2013

While Sony is doing great things inside their cameras they seem to be moving to more conservative design on the outside. I can understand that some buyers want a traditional shape -- maybe especially those Sony hopes to attract from the DSLR market -- but seems to me digital offers the chance for genuinely innovative and ergonomic design.

I like my A3000 well enough for what it is, but putting it beside a NEX I have to wonder just how much dead air is inside the thing. I hope they continue to offer more compact and more creative options.

Whatever happened to the designers who gave us the 828 and the earlier swivel cameras? My 828 was perhaps the best handling camera I have ever owned. If they brought it back with a modern chip and processor I'd buy another one tomorrow.

The cell phone clip-ons are an encouraging step, though I think the current phone software holds them back. So maybe there is hope.

Gato

-- hide signature --

"We paint with our brain, not with our hands" -- Michelangelo
Portrait, figure and fantasy photography at Silver Mirage Gallery:
silvermirage.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow