Pls show examples where increasing brightness in post better than increasing ISO.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Iliah Borg
Forum ProPosts: 16,084
Like?
Re: You are welcome
In reply to Karl Persson, 11 months ago

Karl Persson wrote:

Jack Hogan wrote:

Reilly Diefenbach wrote:

Pushing two stops in LR5 from 1600 to 6400, the 6400 is slightly better. Slightly finer grain, no color blotching (D800e.) So yeah, I'll go with the higher ISO up until the spike climbs the wall, thanks anyway, gentlemen.

Going from ISO 1600 to 6400 is all 'software' on the D800s - i.e. the ISO6400 setting on the D800s is really the ISO1600 setting (pushed two stops digitally in-camera). You can see it clearly here:

But the X-axis is different, as is the slope at lower EVs. And I don´t see how multiplying ISO1600 values by 4 get you to ISO6400 values (in the graph).

I may be misunderstanding your question, but here is what happens. If you have X=1 at ISO 1600 it is recorded as "4" for ISO 6400; 2 as 8, 3 as 12, and as a result the histogram contains gaps on the "X" axis. The number of pixels (the height, "Y") that was at the level "1" at ISO 1600 is now should be at the level "4", and so on.

Please elaborate (I dont use RAWdigger).

On the D800e ISO 6400 raw values are really ISO 1600 raw values times four

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow