Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
stevo23
Senior MemberPosts: 2,461Gear list
Like?
Re: How can I keep my D-600 when...
In reply to LynchpinH, 6 months ago

LynchpinH wrote:

Just sharing my experience here.

I waited so as not to be an early adopter, and bought a new D600 in July.

There is no guarantee based on when you buy it. Sales have been slow and I'm not sure they moved all the affected ones fast enough.

A month and ~600 actuations later, I had big blobs on my images over f/12. My retailer gave me a free clean (they have their own in house tech), and off I went.

Were you, like me, a first DSLR owner? Also, I think getting the cleaning was the right first step.

A month later, same thing.

So here I am now, shy 3 months later, and it needs another clean. I've engaged with my retailer to tell them I'm not happy. They think Nikon will resist a refund, but I don't really have faith in any other solution.

It may sound like a pain, but if you have "the problem", Nikon will fix it - or at least try to fix it. It's worth a try, eh?

What do your spots look like? Where are they? Got any test images to share?

We'll see what happens. My retailer asked me to document my experiences so far in a brief letter, which I've done. I'll see what they can do for me.

I'm not supremely confident in exchanging it for another D600. What if the issue is still present?

As a side note, I'm glad these threads still exist. If Nikon don't fully acknowledge the issue, it's good to have like-minded people to bounce ideas and options off of.

No doubt. My repaired one has about 400 actuations on the new shutter and so far so good for me. I'm going to fire off a bunch more today and see where it takes me.

There have been quite a few people who wrote in that they either never had "the problem" or it was fixed by Nikon.

Best of luck!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow