captura
Forum ProPosts: 12,492Gear list
Like?
Re: Is the NEX-5T the last NEX camera?
In reply to parallaxproblem, 9 months ago

parallaxproblem wrote:

blue_skies wrote:

Nex cameras are announced annually.

There are four camera models in the line-up currently: 3, 5, 6 and 7. The rumor is for a fifth, FF, model (9).

Sony seems to have gone into a two year cycle for the 6 and 7 cameras, which is fine for me.

Axxxx/ILCExxxx cameras share the E-mount, but use a DLSR style body. Think of them as additional models. The rumors mention 3, 5 and 7.

The rumors also mention two A-style FF models, and a hybrid A/E mount capable model. But these are just rumors for now - they are targeting continuation for the Axx SLT camera line.

But to your question, there will be many more Nex cameras announced in the coming years...

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

Thanks for your response

Do you have any 'priviliged information' that confirms there will be future NEX bodies or is this speculation? I'm not being sarcasitc, I would genuinely like to know if somebody knows for a fact that there will be future NEX bodies?

I had previously also thought there would be a NEX 9 FF model, but the SAR (ranked 5, which is supposed to mean 'certain') is quite specific that the two new Emount models will be called the A7 and the A7R and will not have a NEX body shape, but will instead take a DSLR form (the OM-D was quoted as a reference). Of course SAR can be (and has been) wrong

I'm surprised that the NEX-6 is on a two year cycle... as it is basically the same as the NEX-5 I'm wondering why they released the NEX-5T with NFC but no equivalent NEX-6! That whole NEX-5T release is very strange!

Is the NEX-6 on a 2 year cycle, or a no-year cycle?

Anyhow, I am surprised that SAR rumors should continued to be taken so seriously. Even some of their "SR5" rumors have failed to materialize.

However, here are a few more clues, which may support your claim:

- no hint of revised NEX-6 or NEX7 models. The NEX-7x model is overdue..what happened?

- the NEX-9 was definitely fully developed, but was it withdrawn from introduction?

- seeming virtual certainty that more upscale follow-up models after the SLR-body ILC A-3000 (ie: A7, A7r?) will soon be introduced indicates a change of direction by Sony.

But would Sony abandon the NEX rangefinder-style body altogether? Even Panasonic and Olympus are still offering both the rangefinder and SLR-style cameras.

I can only conclude that Sony has had some major shifts in their plans over the past year or so.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Samsung WB750 Sony Alpha NEX-7 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow