How can I keep my D-600 when...

Started Sep 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
LynchpinH
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
Re: How can I keep my D-600 when...
In reply to Peter Damroth, 11 months ago

Just sharing my experience here.

I waited so as not to be an early adopter, and bought a new D600 in July. A month and ~600 actuations later, I had big blobs on my images over f/12. My retailer gave me a free clean (they have their own in house tech), and off I went.

A month later, same thing.

So here I am now, shy 3 months later, and it needs another clean. I've engaged with my retailer to tell them I'm not happy. They think Nikon will resist a refund, but I don't really have faith in any other solution.

If the D610 turns out to be real, I will really press for that. The D600 really hits the sweet spot for me in price and features, so I don't really want to upsize to the D800.

We'll see what happens. My retailer asked me to document my experiences so far in a brief letter, which I've done. I'll see what they can do for me.

I'm not supremely confident in exchanging it for another D600. What if the issue is still present?

As a side note, I'm glad these threads still exist. If Nikon don't fully acknowledge the issue, it's good to have like-minded people to bounce ideas and options off of.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow