Terada: Olympus could go Full Frame !

Started Oct 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
MatsP
Senior MemberPosts: 1,157Gear list
Like?
Re: Why not
In reply to Ulric, Oct 3, 2013

Ulric wrote:

It would be nice. Olympus' skills in miniaturising could lead to a small light system compared to the traditional ff dslrs. And you could use old OM lenses with IBIS. Small and very good lenses. If the IBIS could be developed to in-camera AF it would be even nicer. Such systems was developed during the film era, it would be easier to move even a big FF sensor back and forth compared to film holder mechanics.

Thinking of using FT lenses: could this be possible with an optic device constructed like a teleconverter? As far as I understand a TC makes the image circle bigger.

Yes, a 2x teleconverter would do precisely that: 2x the focal length, 2x the f-number.

Well, then I think that if Olympus went the FF route they should provide a TC-like adapter optimized for using the excellent FT lenses on a 4/3 FF sensor. And another adapter for OM lenses with as much of electro-mechanical couplings as possible. I would love that.

MatsP's gear list:MatsP's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Canon Pixma MG8150 DxO Optics Pro Standard +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow