Terada: Olympus could go Full Frame !

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Jon Stock
Senior MemberPosts: 1,599Gear list
Like?
Hopefully Olympus rebrands the Full Frame they codevelop with Sony!
In reply to Bluephotons, 10 months ago

Like the Hasselblad XPan I and II and the Fuji TX-1 and TX-2.

Why not?

If Olympus designes the lens for the follow up to the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1, why shouldn't they sell their own version with Olympus firmware and menus.

Olympus out of camera JPG's do a great job of optimizing the output of 4/3rds sensors. The RX1 sensor has several more stops of RAW dynamic range that don't show in the Sony out of camera JPG's.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sony-cybershot-dsc-rx1/16

This link takes you to the RX1 JPG Dynamic range page.  Add the E-M5 to the comparison and set the E-M5 graduation to AUTO.  The E-M5 has better dynamic range than any of the Sony JPG settings.

I would be more tempted by an Olympus version of the RX2 than a Sony version.

Before I get flamed; I have been shooting RAW files since I bought my first digital camera 13 years ago.  I don't need a lesson on what a RAW file is.

I like good JPG's because time spent in Lightroom / Photoshop fixing pictures that were shot under normal conditions is not a sign of artistic purity, it is a sign of a poor in-camera processing.

-- hide signature --

Jon

Jon Stock's gear list:Jon Stock's gear list
Epson R-D1x Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow