Pls show examples where increasing brightness in post better than increasing ISO.

Started Oct 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
gollywop
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,789
Like?
Re: Pls show examples where increasing brightness in post better than increasing ISO.
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, Oct 3, 2013

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

Andre Affleck wrote:

People using the ISO first technique will vary rarely set the maximum exposure

Not true, one starts raising ISO when they are already aperture and shutter limited.

Bob says - "people using ISO first technique".

Ok, then I have to question as to how using the method somehow makes one think of ISO first. Its always the last result, after exposure is maximized, regardless of ones understanding of exposure.

Interesting to do a poll, see whether most photographers set the ISO first or last. My guess is first, because the camera user interface is designed that way.

-- hide signature --

Bob

Where do you believe "Auto ISO" folks will fall?

They set last, but they let the camera do it for them.

-- hide signature --

Bob

Auto ISO is set first, and forgotten. I would wager most photographers using Auto ISO fall into that category.

Auto ISO sets the ISO after the other settings have been set, same as if a photographer set them for himself.

But it is the first thing the photographer who can't do without Auto ISO sets.

You have me really baffled here.  What do you mean? It can't mean he/she sets the ISO value that auto ISO chooses, so it must mean the setting of auto ISO itself, i.e., turning it on in the menu. So do you mean this is the menu item he/she goes to first and turns on before setting exposure parameters?  If so, what does that have to do with Bob's statement above?

OTOH, a photographer shooting in manual mode uses manual ISO as the last resort, or may not even bother to move the ISO setting past the base ISO at all.

And what is the relevance would the word "resort" in this context?  Do you mean manual-mode shooters who don't or can't use auto ISO "resort" to fixed ISO?  Perhaps you might have used "grudgingly puts up with" or "holds his/her nose while applying."

-- hide signature --

gollywop

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow