I'm having problems with lens flare?? on Panasonic Lumix LX7. Can someone confirm?

Started Oct 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tsuga New Member • Posts: 3
I'm having problems with lens flare?? on Panasonic Lumix LX7. Can someone confirm?

Hi everyone-

I seem to be having some issues with shooting images on my LX7.  I tried to shoot fall colors this evening and noticed a 'flare' in the middle of the lens when I would shoot in Aperature mode.  When I switched to P mode, it disappeared.

I found changing angles did not help, only switching to P mode.  I then checked into many of my landscapes I took in the past and found this annoying blur/highlight spot in MANY of my landscape shots!  This NEVER occurred with my LX5.

Also, it seems this camera has a hard time focusing.  I have to change the size of the focus square (the yellow box) to its smallest size to consistently get correct focus.  If I don't have it on the smallest yellow square, it doesn't do so great in focusing.  What good are the bigger yellow squares, when I cannot use them??

Anyone have any suggestions or help for me would be greatly appreciated.  I am not a newbie, have shot for years, and typically shoot canon dslrs for my artistic work....the lx7 is my carry around camera.  At this stage in the game, I have to admit I am a wee bit disappointed with the camera.  I would gladly take my LX5 back in its place.  Here are a couple of pics to show the issue:

Notice the bluish/whitish orb in the middle of the frame? Sun was behind clouds off towards the right side of the picture, although some blue skies existed in the frame.

This one is a little harder to see, but dead center in the frame is once again the whitish orb.  This was a cloudy day.

dead center again.  I don't ever see lens issues any where else in the frame....it is always dead center in the frame.  I can maybe forgive this one, it is pretty bright.  But the others??

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow