Dumping full-sized SLRs.

Started Oct 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SomebodyFamous
SomebodyFamous Regular Member • Posts: 324
Dumping full-sized SLRs.

I decided to sell off my full-sized DSLR kit. It's just too big and bulky for my liking. I went with a single body and a single lens to Key West last year and it was just plain awkward - it was a small DSLR and I've decided to go for something smaller.

I've read all the arguments for an against Nikon's CX format. The fact is though I used to get phenomenal images from my old Nikon 995. I look at them today and though small, they were pretty darned good. I loved the depth of field. I'm somebody that loves depth. I absolutely detest photos where everything or almost everything is blurry. I look at them and ask WTF is that then?

If you ask me about Picasso - that's 5-year old finger art. If you ask me about Caravaggio - now he was an artist.

For me photography is about the photo. I don't want to be a slave to the equipment. I'm not a pack mule, hunking around 2,500lbs of kit just to take a single photograph. I will use my photos - on my blogsites and in future books.

Have a look here to see what I do...

Http://www.britishphotography.us

http://www.britinthe.us

Originally the top domain name was for a professional website but I recycled it when I decided I no longer wanted to be a professional photographer. Publishing my photos in my books and on my blogs are as professional as I want to get with photography.

How many others are following the same route? You can see my full reasons laid out in the first blog link.

-- hide signature --

I take photos for my own pleasure. I write books for my own pleasure too. If people buy them then fine. If not then I don't really care. The fun was in writing them. Income is just icing on top of the cake.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hdr
tko
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow