Started Oct 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jagge
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,914Gear list
Like?
What about doing reviews ?
Oct 2, 2013

The Panasonic G6 has now been pending for 6 MONTHS, which in panasonic terms are propably halfway into the product cycle.

Ohh the G5 review has been pending for 14 months...I guess its also a strategy to wait so long that the next model comes out. The point is that it is apparently more difficult for dpreview to make a simple cam review than it is for Panasonic to develop a new camera all together....

In fact there has been no review of the G line since july 2011.

Personally I think its a shame that Dpreview are getting slower and slower, and has lost the "finger on the pulse" all together. I would advice anyone to start looking towards much more dynamic sites like cameralabs.com . Especially that site seems to deliver what dpreview once did. Also steve huff is good for user experiences in the mirror less segment.

I would suggest that you at least start respecting your users to a degree where you are honest about what cams will be review and which wont. Its very very easy, just call it something else than preview. Preview off course implies a upcoming review.

Jakob

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow