Terada: Olympus could go Full Frame !

Started Oct 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Joesiv
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,350Gear list
Like?
Re: Terada: Olympus could go Full Frame !
In reply to Bluephotons, Oct 2, 2013

Lame... so finally they start to make momentum with the mFT lens lineup, and finally have an upgrade plan for FT, they'd introduce another format?  Sounds lame to even consider.

Would I be interested in such a system?  Absolutely!  I skipped mFT, but still lurk because I always had an interest in the format, and love the innovation found here (and tempted by it's size and IQ), for FF Nikon.  Once you go FF, it's hard to go back to crop frame (or smaller)... But if Olympus (who's lens' I love!), were to make a FF system that were essentially the same as the EM1 with AF speed and IS... I'd be tempted!

Make it 36MP, and have the flange back shorter than mFT, and allow a thin adapter to use mFT glass on it (in cropped mode obviously), and you'd have most of the benefits of mFT (small lens') when you want it for travel, but without the mFT adapter you get full FF image quality

but alas, these are just dreams.

-- hide signature --

Cloverdale, B.C., Canada
Currently shooting: Nikon D3S, D700
http://www.joesiv.com

Joesiv's gear list:Joesiv's gear list
Nikon D700 Olympus E-510 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow