Started Oct 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FrankParis
Senior MemberPosts: 1,042Gear list
Like?
Word of advice for those chomping at bit for the latest and greatest
Oct 2, 2013

A lot of you already know this, but newbies may not. Don't buy mail order. They're the last to receive anything big and new. Go to your nearest brick and mortar photo shop catering to professionals and advanced amateurs. I learned this lesson years ago, many times over. About a half hour ago I picked up the E-M1 I put on reserve the day Olympus announced it. I was the first kid in my city to get one this way. I was delighted to receive the news that it was there, but not particularly surprised. This I believe is 12 days before it is supposed to arrive at the mail order dealers. Olympus itself sometimes ships before it promises.

Anyhow, I know what I'll be fooling around with  for the rest of the day. Tomorrow I take it out. The only images I might post are hand-held shots taken deep in the shadows of a dense forest, to test out the IBIS. Naturally, I won't be getting my hands on the 12-40mm f/2.8 until November, so they say.

-- hide signature --

Frank Paris

FrankParis's gear list:FrankParis's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM1 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +7 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow