RX100 or E_PL1, which to buy ?

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
kastaldi
New MemberPosts: 13Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100 or E_PL1, which to buy ?
In reply to Joseph Mama, 9 months ago

Thank you for the interesting links and the advices. After all of these answers I think that I'll stick to the RX100 for a year or so. I know that maybe I will disappoint someone (sorry Kelly ) but that's my final decision.

I was quite sure of the DX100 choice when I increased my budget but I wasn't sure about the alternatives and I've changed my mind a lot of times (first E-PL1, then E-PL2, then G15 (bridge), then E-PL5...). Maybe I'll buy a mirrorless when I find a convincing one and, more important, I'll look around to try different models instead of just reading reviews and watching videos. It was a difficult decision and I would tell you a lie if I told you that I'm 100% happy with that but, hey, I cannot buy everything.

The SX260 was my first first first choice because Amazon dropped its price by 25% ($340 down to $254) so it was a real bargain with its internal GPS, super zoom and so on.

By the way, talking about grips, have you seen the RX100 custom grip from Richard Franiec ?

kastaldi's gear list:kastaldi's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P60 Sony RX100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow