Are images from the E-m1 actually better than from the E-m5?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Jeanadriane
Senior MemberPosts: 1,600Gear list
Like?
Re: Are images from the E-m1 actually better than from the E-m5?
In reply to MPA1, 10 months ago

MPA1 wrote:

AustinB wrote:

MPA1 wrote:

As always it depends on what is most important: once Magnum photographers are using M43 for paid assignments I think one must accept that IQ for editorial work has reached the stage of acceptability. Those guys dance on the head of a pin in terms of their skill levels and they have a very serious organisational reputation to uphold.

Can you turn me on to some Magnum photographers using M43? I know David Allen Harvey published some photos with his GF-1, but any others would be interesting to look into.

Btw, not being a skeptic... genuine interest.

Sure. Ian Berry (possibly almost the longest serving member now - he was personally invited by HC-B when a young man!) is shooting with Panasonic GH-3 cameras in addition to the Leicas he has carried since noah was having boat building lessons. He is particularly a fan of the silent electronic shutter as well as the lack of weight and bulk of course.

A recent post here in the forum also pointed to an article about Moises Saman using the EM-5.

A link to the thread about Moises Saman using an E-M5: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3553604

David Bailey has been spotted with a GF1 more than once, and I also saw him in a video with an Oly neckstrap (couldn't make out his camera).

Last May I did a workshop with David Alan Harvey. I entered the room with the GX1 on a neckstrap. "That's a GREAT little camera!" was Dave's loud and enthousiastic welcome. BTW, he also is an avid iPhone shooter and regularly publishes Instagrams on his site burnmagazine.org. His latest book features pics from DSLRs, GF1 and iPhone.

Jeanette

Jeanadriane's gear list:Jeanadriane's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow