ajy
ajy
Regular MemberPosts: 202
Like?
Re: My New 1DX Has Black Spots.
In reply to XeroJay, 11 months ago

XeroJay wrote:

I'm sorry to hear this
I know first hand how it feels to have this amazing camera that you plan to keep and treat it beyond anyone's reasonable expectations of care, only to have it marred by this debris that could only have come from inside the camera itself. When canon calls it dust, says it's from you and they won't do anything it just adds insult to injury. What if I did want to sell it? It would probably affect the value quite heavily. What if I do pay the $800 repair - and more debris accumulates on the new prism? At this point I'm hesitant to try anything, as the rest of the camera works flawlessly and I know how things begin going out of whack each time a camera is opened by service.
I'll admit, I'm tempted to try a partial dissection and air blowing on my own, but probably never will as it might result in making things much worse as opposed to better. I guess I'm waiting for someone else to try it and report first. The problem is that it's not the most popular level of camera, so any issues seem more obscure than something wrong with, say, a 5D or xxD level camera.
--
If there's typos, you can be sure I used my iPhone.

I'm planning on sending mine in for service and will update the group with the findings.  Hopefully this won't create any unintended problems!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow