Started Oct 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kimo88
Regular MemberPosts: 121Gear list
Like?
Don't buy a Panasonic camera if you are serious about photography
Oct 2, 2013

I just had to send my Panasonic GH3 camera in for repair of the hot shoe.  I was told by the only Panasonic repair facility in the the US that the current turnaround time for repair of that camera is "30 business days after receipt".  Adding shipping time, that means I will have to be without my camera for at least 2 months!

And there are no other options since, according to everyone I've contacted, Panasonic will not sell parts for this camera to anyone.

Over the years I've bought 5 m4/3 Panasonic cameras as well as a broad kit of 5 Panasonic lenses and I have been ardent advocate of the advantages m4/3.  But I am disgusted and dismayed by this situation and I'm sad to say that ready to dump it all and go with a camera manufacturer that considers good support to be important.

ATTENTION PANASONIC:  You produced a great camera in the GH3 but give up trying to get Pro and semi-Pro photographers to go with your system because it isn't going to happen with this kind of support.

Kimo88's gear list:Kimo88's gear list
Nikon D200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +11 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OTNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow