How can I keep my D-600 when...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
stevo23
Senior MemberPosts: 3,488Gear list
Like?
Re: Quit Whining and Clean your Sensor .... !
In reply to Peter Damroth, 10 months ago

Peter Damroth wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

Peter Damroth wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

Peter Damroth wrote:

BeachnCruz wrote:

Cough up the Cleaning Fee or Clean it yourself ! It's a simple choice ! Why all the Drama ???

http://www.moosepeterson.com/blog/2012/06/11/sensor-cleaning-with-copperhill/

No drama, I'm becoming frustrated when I see new spots after only 20 or so shots.

-- hide signature --

Peter Damroth Photography

How many actuations do you have on it to date?

3000, I share it's use with 3 other cameras (d-300/2, Kodak slr/n, and the D-600). I use it when I want bigger files.....and they match the other Nikon's color and look. So in 9 months there isn't a lot of use. I am frustrated that I see spots on EVERY job from a new or near new piece of equipment.

-- hide signature --

Yea, that's a pain for sure. I can't remember - have you wet cleaned it yet? In my case, after two wet cleans that were about a month apart, the problem had already decreased quite a bit. And to be sure, it required a wet clean. Literally by April or so (about 5000 actuations by then), I was getting normal dust accumulation.

Oh - sorry, I also meant to ask how many shots since R&R by Nikon? It makes me wonder if they merely cleaned your AA filter. Care to send a sample shot - infinity focus at the sky, +3 exposure, f22? I'm very curious what this problem looks like when people are getting their cameras back from Nikon.

I didn't test when it came back...I assumed it was clean. I won't wet clean till it is out of warranty. (If I keep it)

-- hide signature --

But it looks bad now I assume? So any idea of how many shots you've fired since? I'd be very interested to see a sample and how it's distributed etc.

By the way - I wet cleaned a couple of times and still sent it in for warranty. They didn't balk. It might be worth it to see if maybe the stuff clears and stays clear. That is, unless you're already leaning toward getting rid of it.

Actually, to answer your original post, if you wet clean and the particles clear, you can sell it as "fixed" and clean, but with no guarantees. But then if you do clean it and the particles clear and stay away, I guess you'll keep it? Either way, I think you need to wet clean it really well at least once.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow