Started Sep 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sports Shooter
Regular MemberPosts: 421Gear list
Like?
Re: My New 1DX Has Black Spots.
In reply to slarti bartfast, 11 months ago

slarti bartfast wrote:

ajy

I took my cam back to the store yesterday but found that i would be waiting for 2 weks for my replacement as the store does not carry the 1 series as regular stock. They offered to get canon service in melbourne to give it priority if i accepted canon to fix whatever was wrong. I said ok and was contacted today to pick it up from the service centre. Canon informed me that the 8 was in fact a clear indicator the fix had been done at the factory assembly stage. So, i asked why did it develop so many spots and why did their sydney office say they were aware of the pattern of the top right as the resting place?.
The rest of what she said was that they don't know why canon sydney said what they did and that it was likely an overseas call centre handling service enquires. I was being closed down i could tell so did not pursue any further. She then went on to inform me the that viewfinder had "fluff" and that the sensor was "very dirty" both of which was cleaned as a goodwill gesture but which was user related and not any fault of the camera. I was gobsmacked and sputtered out; "Pardon"??. I tried to tell her that i was anal about dust and had put a new 50mm on the body straight after i removed the body cap for the first time, and that lens remained on the body for 2 days before i replaced the body cap for repacking to return the cam. It was only 2 days old and there was even no zoom moving air about, how on earth could i have caused it. She replied with a sarcastic tone that everyone says they are careful with their cameras. I decided to bite my lip at that stage, but she freely went on to imply that i was like so many others that come there and try to pull the wool over their eyes.
I actually wimped out and said "thanks for doing the clean" as i was packing the body away. I wanted to keep a good relationship for any future repairs. But i was seething when i walked to the car. The absolute arrogance.

So there you have it. I suspect canon will clean your cam too because of its newness but i also suspect we will be in the same boat as xerojay and others in the near future when the spots return.

slarti

Well done for keeping cool...if I had spent 6K for an 1Dx and she gave me 'attitude' I wouldn't

Sports Shooter's gear list:Sports Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow