How can I keep my D-600 when...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
stevo23
Senior MemberPosts: 3,178Gear list
Like?
Re: Quit Whining and Clean your Sensor .... !
In reply to Peter Damroth, 9 months ago

Peter Damroth wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

Peter Damroth wrote:

BeachnCruz wrote:

Cough up the Cleaning Fee or Clean it yourself ! It's a simple choice ! Why all the Drama ???

http://www.moosepeterson.com/blog/2012/06/11/sensor-cleaning-with-copperhill/

No drama, I'm becoming frustrated when I see new spots after only 20 or so shots.

-- hide signature --

Peter Damroth Photography

How many actuations do you have on it to date?

3000, I share it's use with 3 other cameras (d-300/2, Kodak slr/n, and the D-600). I use it when I want bigger files.....and they match the other Nikon's color and look. So in 9 months there isn't a lot of use. I am frustrated that I see spots on EVERY job from a new or near new piece of equipment.

-- hide signature --

Peter Damroth Photography

Yea, that's a pain for sure. I can't remember - have you wet cleaned it yet? In my case, after two wet cleans that were about a month apart, the problem had already decreased quite a bit. And to be sure, it required a wet clean. Literally by April or so (about 5000 actuations by then), I was getting normal dust accumulation.

Oh - sorry, I also meant to ask how many shots since R&R by Nikon? It makes me wonder if they merely cleaned your AA filter. Care to send a sample shot - infinity focus at the sky, +3 exposure, f22? I'm very curious what this problem looks like when people are getting their cameras back from Nikon.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow