Photo software announcements contact and policy?

Started Oct 2, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PictureCode
Regular MemberPosts: 136
Like?
Photo software announcements contact and policy?
Oct 2, 2013

My company, PictureCode, develops software for professional and enthusiast photographers (Photo Ninja, and previously Noise Ninja).   Our brand is familiar to a many DPReview members, and we've been serving the photography community for ten years.

How do I get our product announcements placed on DPReview?   Whenever I have tried to contact DPReview over the years (through whatever contact mechanism I've been able to identify on the site, or in one or two cases an email address provided by a third party), I have never received a response from anyone on the DPReview staff.  I can only remember once or twice when DPReview actually posted any announcements about our products, and I believe they only did it in response to a post on Rob Galbraith's site, because I had given up sending announcements to DPReview. My most recent attempt was yesterday (via the "News Tip" feature -- we just released X-Trans support and response has been very enthusiastic regarding the image quality), and I tried a few times a year ago when we launched Photo Ninja, with no success.

I realize that we receive attention in user discussions in the forums, but it would be nice to have a more direct outlet to the DPReview readership for significant announcements.

Is there someone I can contact directly for product announcements?   Is the DPReview news section independent, or is coverage only given in exchange for advertising or direct payment?

Regards,
Jim Christian
Founder, PictureCode

ANSWER:
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow