Are images from the E-m1 actually better than from the E-m5?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
AustinB
Regular MemberPosts: 380
Like?
Re: Are images from the E-m1 actually better than from the E-m5?
In reply to MPA1, 9 months ago

MPA1 wrote:

AustinB wrote:

MPA1 wrote:

As always it depends on what is most important: once Magnum photographers are using M43 for paid assignments I think one must accept that IQ for editorial work has reached the stage of acceptability. Those guys dance on the head of a pin in terms of their skill levels and they have a very serious organisational reputation to uphold.

Can you turn me on to some Magnum photographers using M43? I know David Allen Harvey published some photos with his GF-1, but any others would be interesting to look into.

Btw, not being a skeptic... genuine interest.

Sure. Ian Berry (possibly almost the longest serving member now - he was personally invited by HC-B when a young man!) is shooting with Panasonic GH-3 cameras in addition to the Leicas he has carried since noah was having boat building lessons. He is particularly a fan of the silent electronic shutter as well as the lack of weight and bulk of course.

A recent post here in the forum also pointed to an article about Moises Saman using the EM-5.

Great, thanks for posting this. I'll look these guys up.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow