Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Dave Bennett
Senior MemberPosts: 1,411
Like?
Re: Using MMF-3 Adapter - Roger Cicala's findings
In reply to goblin, 6 months ago

goblin wrote:

Godfrey wrote:

The only thing that could make a rendering difference is if the mount adapters are significantoy out of spec...

I second that. It can be easilly seen on the chinese MMF clones sold on Fleabay. They do a decent job with most lenses, but they can give horrendous results with a 9-18mm or 7-14mm. No such problems with original MMF adapters.

I highly value Mr Cicala's insights, but on that specific one - I am not sure we are talking about the same thing. He is talking about "various high quality adapters", which is not "OEM made by Olympus". It's "different levels of skinning the client for a piece of machined metal".

This is the first time that I have read this! I have the Viltrox adapter (MMF clone) and my experiences with my 7-14 and 11-22 (before I sold it) were not very good when used with an earlier EPL1 and latterly an EPL5. Very soft edges, especially with the former lens. Worked OK with my 12-60 and 50-200 though.

A good reason to get the EM1 with free MMF3 adapter (in the UK) then!

-- hide signature --

Dave
Welsh Photographic Federation Judge
UK Photo Safari Group Member
Chairman Cwmbran Photographic Society
www.pbase.com/benvendetta
pbase supporter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow