Pls show examples where increasing brightness in post better than increasing ISO.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Andreas Stuebs
Contributing MemberPosts: 668Gear list
Like?
Re: Pls show examples where increasing brightness in post better than increasing ISO.
In reply to bobn2, 9 months ago

bobn2 wrote:

Andre Affleck wrote:

People using the ISO first technique will vary rarely set the maximum exposure

Not true, one starts raising ISO when they are already aperture and shutter limited.

Bob says - "people using ISO first technique".

Ok, then I have to question as to how using the method somehow makes one think of ISO first. Its always the last result, after exposure is maximized, regardless of ones understanding of exposure.

Interesting to do a poll, see whether most photographers set the ISO first or last. My guess is first, because the camera user interface is designed that way.

-- hide signature --

Bob

Will that poll actually be representative? Most people who write in this forum tend to know more about the mechanisms of digital photography than average.

I admit I have (at least) two modes of photography - in the snapshooting mode I even sometimes use the "IA" setting offered on my Panasonic. And in that mode I tend to set the ISO first, then try and get a reasonable DOF and keep an eye on the exposure time to avoid shutter speed. If I am in the more serious mode, I work differently.

Andreas Stuebs's gear list:Andreas Stuebs's gear list
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow