Pls show examples where increasing brightness in post better than increasing ISO.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Andreas Stuebs
Contributing MemberPosts: 685Gear list
Like?
Re: Pls show examples where increasing brightness in post better than increasing ISO.
In reply to Iliah Borg, 10 months ago

Iliah Borg wrote:

I have to question as to how using the method somehow makes one think of ISO first. Its always the last result, after exposure is maximized, regardless of ones understanding of exposure.

The order depends on the understanding of the exposure. Most shooters I saw set ISO at some value before allowing the camera to use A, S, but mostly P.

I agree. I have come across "teachers" of photography actually advocating this approach. IMO this dates back to the old film approach, where you had first choose the film you are using and then for that roll, you were more or less stuck with that.

I am not that against using the "ISO" setting, but I do agree that you should only up the ISO setting when you hit the limits of what you can do with T or A (Mind you, most cameras give access to T and A more directly than the ISO setting and hence fine tuning is mostly done via either of these. Also a lot of textbooks suggest using the exposure time for bracketing)

Andreas Stuebs's gear list:Andreas Stuebs's gear list
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow