Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photo perzon
Senior MemberPosts: 3,611Gear list
Like?
Cancel mean people
9 months ago

I've been all over the world and read all kinds of forums.  I don't know why but there are some mean bullies in these forums.  Some of these bullies are frequent and knowledgeable members.  But their language is mean.  My 80 year old mother and my 82 year old aunt were called despicable names.  If you put your opinion on a camera they call you words you would not hear in the meanest bar.

I think dpreview should just cancel these mean bullies.  Maybe 1 warning.  Meanness.

Some of these bullies tell you to "stop wasting air".  These days that sensitive people are suiciding over emails and such, it would be nice if people would not get attacked personally.

I think it is OK to criticize a camera.  But not OK to criticize a person.  We are here to judge cameras, not to put people down for their opinions.

photo perzon's gear list:photo perzon's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 RX100 III Ricoh GXR A16 24-85mm F3.5-5.5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow