Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Paul Auclair
Senior MemberPosts: 2,770Gear list
Like?
lucked out...EM-1 in stock 1329.99
6 months ago

deserving of a separate thread about luck and persistence...

saw the name Saneal in a thread yesterday re: canada EM-1 sarrivals.

today/ a.m...

phoned McBains. no EM-1s yet but they are slated for 6 or 7 to arrive (whenever?). 12-15 (i can't remember) people on the list. no love there.

then i phoned Saneal Camera (Google it) to ask about EM-1 (about 11:00 am today)...

got the usual "we don't know when and what and how many we are getting etc., etc., but we might/should be getting some this week.

they are listing at 'body only' at 1329.99...interesting.

[they are also listing the 12-40 kit for 2079.99 ( i don't know whom else is listing the 12-40 kit?)

they are listing the 12-40 for 899.99

also...the MMF-3/flash rebate only applies to 'body only'.]

the very interesting bit was...the fella mentioned that of all their pre-orders only 3 were 'body only' and the rest were kits.

i thanks the fella for his time and continues on my day.

now i'm thinking if Saneal gets at least as many E-1s as Mcbain they'll have 6 'body only' and only 3 'body only' pre-orders to fill.

i phoned back about 2:00 pm to pre-order the EM-1. i was hoping just to get on the 'first' list and at the very least save $70. the same fella tell's me they have an EM-1 in stock!!!!!

holy crudddd!!! SOLD!!!

i was right. they got 6 in after i called in the am. after filling the 3 'body only' preorders they had 3 left over. the remaining two sold and i scooped, by luck, the last one all in 40 minutes of the arrival. i got the last one.

it'll cost $30(one day) to ship (if i do not want to pick it up) and even at that i'll still save $40 and a couple weeks wating on getolympus. (btw i phoned Oly a few days back and they got 60..six.. zero..EM-1s to fill preorders in norht america. those 60 are gone and now it's a waiting game for the rest. 60 cameras from the motherland go to the North Americas...go figure

so...back on point...

i imagine if all the camera stores get some EM-1s in soon they will all be body only and there may be some left over due to the people whom pre-ordered the kit.

So it might behoove you other eager beavers to use your phones a bit more in the following few days.

you never know.

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Paul

Paul Auclair's gear list:Paul Auclair's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 +19 more
Olympus E-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow