Started 10 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wyoming
Junior MemberPosts: 47Gear list
Like?
tough and fast
10 months ago

i bought this camera many years ago because my fuji A800 had insufficient manual adjustment and was slow. i remember i paid it double of the fuji but was worth it.

the shutter is still fast by today standard and was razor sharp back in the days, all the controls are very fast also menu and flash. manual controls are somehow limited (2 apertures) but you have all you need, fast burst mode, 60'' esposition... and is very confortable to set using the 2 dedicated buttons on the side. the battery had higher than average capacity, and it's good since you needed the base to charge it.

all in all i used this camera alot and i liked it, in bright condition the pictures are still nice today with a very natural feeling and good details. it has some drowback, particularly what i don't like is the very high noise and noise reduction wich was very evident when compared with the fuji A800.

this camera is still intensively used today, the metal bodi is scrached and dented and the lcd sometimes turns withe and the battery is tired. but the camera still works aand still give good pictures in sunny days.

globally i like the fuji more because of it's much better high iso capacities, better metering, much cheaper original price. but this casio definitively is a good camera if you find it for 10$ on ebay

wyoming's gear list:wyoming's gear list
Casio Exilim EX-Z850 Fujifilm FinePix A600 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix A800 Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Olympus C-50 Zoom +5 more
wyoming's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
good
Action / sports
good
Landscapes / scenery
good
Portraits
good
Low light (without flash)
poor
Flash photography (social)
weak
Studio / still life
mediocre
= community average
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow