upgrading from a R1900, not sure whats best for my needs....

Started Oct 1, 2013 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
New MemberPosts: 4
upgrading from a R1900, not sure whats best for my needs....
Oct 1, 2013

I am looking to upgrade from my R1900. Its been quite the little trooper over the past 6 yrs of use, but its just about time to upgrade. It doesn't grab paper like it used to even with wheel cleanings, and 2 of the heads are partially clogged despite head cleanings and manual cleanings. It still handles my needs, but its time to start looking into a new one.
I am a full time artist who prints full color on both canvas and paper, and during a high show season (like Im doing now) I can run 100 prints a week, but its only that high for about 4-6 weeks out of the year, most of the time its 25-100 a month. I also would like something with a pigment ink CIS/waist ink set up because of how much ink I use and I prefer Epson. I have been looking at the R2000, R3000, and R2880. Im just about sold on the R3000. I love that the carts are stationary, as skipping is a small issue that I have with the R1900 due to the CIS tubes loosening and catching the cart holder. I have been using Cavepaint inks in a CIS, and have been VERY happy with how they look. I am *toying* with the thought of the 3880, but I just don't print 17 inches. 13 is perfect for my needs....
Advice, ideas, or being pointed in the right direction would be most helpful!
Thank you!

This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow