zuiko 75mm f1.8 with panny 35-100mm?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 17,096Gear list
Like?
Re: zuiko 75mm f1.8 with panny 35-100mm?
In reply to dslrnewby, 9 months ago

dslrnewby wrote:

Wow! Thanks. Id love to do this type of shot. Im leaning toward the zuiko 60mm macro. Would i be able to get this kind of shot with 60mm?

You'd be able to do it better/more easily with the 60 mm macro than with the 75/1.8 (which isn't particularly well suited for operating outside its normal distance range).

Should i get an extension tube and what does this addon do? I dont know its purpose and learning.

The purpose of extension tubes as well as close-up lenses is to allow you to bypass the limit set by the minimum focus distance of the lens so that you can focus at shorter distances than that limit allows (at the expense of no longer being able to focus at longer distances). With the 60 mm macro, you don't need extension tubes or close-up lenses since the lens is specifically designed for shooting at very short distances.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow