Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Osvaldo Cristo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,882Gear list
Like?
Yes, I am
In reply to 57LowRider, 6 months ago

57LowRider wrote:

[...]

So, are you happy with what you have? Do you have a camera that is going to have to last 10, 20 or 30 years?

I have Fuji X-system stuff. Frankly, I don't know how long it will last; is anything, apart from, say, Leica built to last more than 5 years? With the prospect of imminent financial collapse, what would you like the last camera you ever buy to be?

Yes, I am happy with the stuff I had currently (cameras, lenses and accessories) and it took a (new) lifespan to use them at their full potential.

On the other hand my personal experience is you (and me) would bigger problems with the camera batteries. Almost each new released camera model uses a new battery! I had in my 11+ years with DSLRs one battery dead and another semi-dead ( ), it is not charging at full load, only 40% to 50%...

Anyway, in the case of veeeery deep and long worldwide crisis, I guess Photography will not be into my main concerns...

Best regards,

-- hide signature --

O.Cristo - An Amateur Photographer
Opinions of men are almost as various as their faces - so many men so many minds. B. Franklin

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow