Is there a way to turn off MK<->PK switching in Epson 3800 family?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Holton F.
Regular MemberPosts: 290
Like?
Is there a way to turn off MK<->PK switching in Epson 3800 family?
11 months ago

A while back I found my 3800 suffered a failure where the valve that is used to switch from MK to PK ink caused all of the ink in the cartridge to be expended leaving me with an empty cartridge (either MK or PK depending on which way it was switching).   The cost to ship & have repaired was quoted to me at almost the cost of a new 3880.   At the time I was told that this value may not be the only problem with it.

I went ahead and ordered the 3880 and figured the 3800 would just be another piece of junk in my basement but after cleaning up the ink mess it made and while waiting for the 3880 to show up, I realized the MK cartridge that was in it was brand new.  Figured I had nothing to lose so I went ahead and tried it for a couple MK prints I needed to get done.

By the time the 3880 arrived, I had run a lot of MK prints in the 3800 and have for the last few months been perfectly happy to have a printer for MK work and one for PK work.  Until last night when I accidentally sent a PK job to the 3800 and it triggered the MK to PK switch and emptied the MK cartridge one more time.

Is there any way, a dip switch setting or a wire to cut or something that could force the 3800 to remain in MK no matter what the software sent to the printer?  Anything to keep it from switching and draining the cartridge would be a help.

Thanks,

Tom

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow