Happy with what you have?

Started Sep 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
happypoppeye
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,790Gear list
Like?
Re: Happy with what you have?
In reply to 57LowRider, Oct 1, 2013

57LowRider wrote:

The Bank of International Settlements tell us that the global economy is in a much worse state than 2008; MoneyWeek say that the game is up and UK debt (700 billion quid in 2008) is now approaching 1.4 trillion. We're about to go off the fiscal cliff and cameras will be beyond luxury very soon.

So, are you happy with what you have? Do you have a camera that is going to have to last 10, 20 or 30 years?

I have Fuji X-system stuff. Frankly, I don't know how long it will last; is anything, apart from, say, Leica built to last more than 5 years? With the prospect of imminent financial collapse, what would you like the last camera you ever buy to be?

Reminds me of a guy last week who was looking at my photo albums online (actually in front of me) carrying around a $400 dollar Billingham bag full of $20,000 worth of gear who asked how I can afford to take all these trips to SE Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Europe and the Caribbean.

I'm quite happy with my GF3 - 14mm ...I would take a GF6 if it was "for life".

happypoppeye's gear list:happypoppeye's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow