My New 1DX Has Black Spots.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
XeroJay
Contributing MemberPosts: 918Gear list
Like?
Re: My New 1DX Has Black Spots.
In reply to slarti bartfast, 6 months ago

I don't think my CPS status has anything to do with what their willingness to cover the issue or not. I think Canon service centers around the would are just inconsistent with some things. Who knows how many times they've seen the issue with 1DX cameras before and since mine?! It's entirely possible that they've covered it for some, while refusing for others. I don't know. What I do know, is that my 1DX is peppered with black debris on the pentaprism, which is supposed to be sealed, I have no access to, and no explanation other than that this is the only Canon DSLR out of about 10 in my career that I've owned in which this has occurred. It's also the most expensive, and the first one that I am completely satisfied with in all other regards, which sucks, because I want to keep it, but I hate the peppered viewfinder.

-- hide signature --

If there's typos, you can be sure I used my iPhone.

XeroJay's gear list:XeroJay's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow