zuiko 75mm f1.8 with panny 35-100mm?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 17,096Gear list
Like?
Re: zuiko 75mm f1.8 with panny 35-100mm?
In reply to MikeGre, 9 months ago

MikeGre wrote:

Thanks for this valuable advice. Id love to cover the range from 24mm to 170sh in 35mm full frame context. Im seriously looking at the 12mm-40mm pro zoom coming out. Im also serious about adding the zuiko 60mm macro. I will effectively have 24-80mm and 120mm. I can do cropping to extend the zoom from the 24-80mm and do the same for the 120mm.

Doing cropping at RAW or high jpeg 16MB should keep the quality the

same to the naked eye up to 12" by 16" prints? What are your thoughts?

Yes the 12-40/2.8 combined with the 60/2.8 sounds like a viable solution if you want to cover something like 24 to 170 EFL (with a little cropping) plus macro capability. And, yes, I think a little cropping won't hurt image quality a whole lot at that display size although you will of course see a difference if you peep.

You might additionally want to consider the Oly 40-150/4-5.6 as a supplement. It's small, light, and very inexpensive (especially if you take advantage of one of the rebates Oly regularly seems to offer for this lens; I got mine for USD 100 when I bought it together with my E-M5). And the IQ is quite respectable in spite of this being a real budget item (see the parallel thread currently running about this lens).

Another option is of course to wait for the upcoming Oly 40-150/2.8. While that will get you more speed and surely even better IQ, it will also be significantly larger and heavier and a whole lot more expensive.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow