Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeFromMesa
Senior MemberPosts: 2,849
Like?
13" MacBook Air/Windows
9 months ago

My wife, who is a PC person, has shown quite a bit of interest in the MacBook Air as a replacement for her somewhat elderly PC. She likes the looks of the MBA, its size and light weight but says she would want to run Windows on it, not OS X.

I know I can install Windows on it. I currently have Windows 8 running, under Parallels, on my MBP, but it is there to run specific apps that I cannot run under OS X so I don't know how well Windows would run on Mac hardware over time with Windows as its only OS. I also know that there are PCs that are comparable to the MBA in size and weight. We looked at some UltraBooks yesterday, but my wife has her heart set on the MBA and Windows.

So, the questions.

How well will a MBA run with Windows as its only operating system? I know the arguments about OS X being designed for the Apple hardware and being a "better" OS, but she wants Windows.

Has anyone on this forum used both an UltraBook and a MBA so as to be able to compare their use directly?

Are people happy with their MBAs?

Thanks.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow