Coolpix P7800 loses a dial...

Started Sep 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,930Gear list
Like?
Re: SortOnSense, is now on my ignore list.
In reply to Grobb, 11 months ago

tron555 wrote:

Nukunukoo wrote:

Missed focus point and too narrow DOF? I find them quite amazing that you were able to get those aperture compositions quite well. Don't worry about him, he really has no idea what he is talking about. He's been doing that everywhere and boasts how his flat, resized, full saturated images are the best, bar none. He even thinks that RAW is kinda like JPEG, only named differently!

Do you own either the P7700 or P7800, or do you just chime in to give you 2 cents? If yes, how does it stack up to your Fujifilm X20 regarding IQ? If no, was your comments just an attack on me?

I would compare my images to yours, but for some reason, you don't have a gallery. Some of my images were converted RAW to JPEG and I use RAW only when necessary.

PS, I would rather have "flat images" as opposed to miss focused shots or only have 5% of an image in focus, especially in portraits

-- hide signature --

Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional!

Since you seem to be a troll, I don't know if I'm wasting time or not. But some of us are paid for what we do. And others have tastes and requirements that are not shared with you. And it may shock you but a good section of the public is educated about photography. They may not own 20K worth of gear, but they know what they want and will ask for it.

So when a father asks for a certain kind of shot, be it soft shallow DOF or a tack-sharp video image, that's what he gets.

Your opinion is not a factor. And your statement about DOF is all about YOUR taste and has nothing to do with photography. Shallow DOF in portraiture is a common technique. I like it. Some folks don't. Clients often ask for it often. More samples....

With that said, your view and statements on this are amateur by the limitations. If you're serious about photography forget the gear and pick up some good books on the subject.

From looking at YOUR gallery I think most can tell where you stand so far as a skill-set goes. That's not an insult. It's a simple statement that can apply to anyone and even after 30 years of shooting, from large format to digital, I still read about photography and re-examine the basics.

I'll be 100% honest with you.

Your posts read like someone who owns a camera (the Canon G12 I believe) and is far two wrapped up in the minutia of how it stacks up against the latest & greatest gear. You need to forget that, fun factor aside, and focus on shooting. The differences between most cameras are tiny. The differences between the people who operate them are HUGE.

Cheers,

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow