Ink cartridge HP 70 resettable chips

Started Sep 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
E Dinkla
Contributing MemberPosts: 539
Like?
Re: Ink cartridge HP 70 resettable chips
In reply to jtoolman, 11 months ago

It simply continues to print but when the carts are loaded it gives the warning that warranty on the printer is compromised. I have several now that are expired and heads out of warranty too. The printers work flawless though. If it becomes annoying you can do another trick, use a new cart and when it is say at 10 ML left fill it with the remains of an expired cart (same color preferred :-). The counter will go down to 1 ML or Low but the printer will still function and empty the cart totally. I usually put that kind of carts on a scale to keep an eye on when I have to get new ones. 50 gram for the 130ML types is as low as I let it go. There are no issues though when they run dry like it can be an issue with Epsons.

I have used Chinese under the cover PCBs to intercept cart chip data. A pit*, within a month all kinds of errors. The same I have seen reported by someone who could only use 6 reset chips (of the 8 of the Z2100) on a Z3100 and I have my doubts about the 12 chip packages from Alibaba.

-- hide signature --

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst
500+ inkjet paper white spectral plots: OBA content etc.
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow