Matte Baryta.

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
E Dinkla
Contributing MemberPosts: 539
Like?
Re: Matte Baryta.
In reply to AdamScot, 11 months ago

AdamScot wrote:

After a lot of experimentation, and mainly by accident, I finally found my almost ideal paper - Harman Matt FB MP Baryta. It's got a lovely matte, slightly chalky surface which is smooth and prints with a range of colour and contrast that reminds me of Epson's very expensive Hot Press Natural paper.

Having bought one packet of this Harman Baryta, I find that it's now been discontinued and replaced by a range of gloss barytas, in conjunction with Hannemhule. So I'm searching again for a good matt baryta paper, with a fairly white coating - rather than the greenish tinge of Canson's Rag Photographique or the slightly glossy surface of Ilford's Gold Fibre Silk baryta.

Assuming that there is still a company that caters for people wanting smooth, matt baryta papers, does anyone know a good replacement for my Harman stuff?

-- hide signature --

Adam

That paper has been discontinued for more than a year. The Innova IFA39 FibaPrint White Matt 285 gsm has an Alpha Cellulose base too, similar reflectance.  OBA effect is stronger though, so cooler in daylight. I see in the specs there is Barite in it too, you never get the details of how much though.

Cotton base has more equivalents among them the Harman by HM matte.

-- hide signature --

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst
500+ inkjet paper white spectral plots: OBA content etc.
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow