How can I keep my D-600 when...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Catalana
Senior MemberPosts: 1,125Gear list
Like?
Re: How can I keep my D-600 when...
In reply to stevo23, 10 months ago

In a sense, the sensor of my D600 is quite contaminated, but it hasn't stopped me from going out and taking shots. Under most conditions it is rarely an issue for me, but if I do landscape it can be quite annoying. 23000 + exposures later, with my warranty period expiring within a week, I decided to take the beast in for a service. Whatever Nikon Service will do, i.e., replace the shutter or just clean it, I'll keep on using the D600 until it dies. I just like this camera.

At f/16 with the 50mm/1.8G, Jpeg straight OOC...

Same shot, desaturated with extreme contrast and levels applied.

To me it is not dust, those bunnies are long gone, but rather lubricant/oil. Maybe I'll get lucky and Nikon will alleviate my issue. If I get the time, I'll take a look at the sensor of my Pentax K-5 back-up camera and post a comparison. Maybe I'll borrow some different cameras from some friends and see what kind of results I can get. I have a feeling that many sensors out there will have similar issues.

Catalana's gear list:Catalana's gear list
Pentax K-5 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow