Started Oct 1, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AdamScot
Contributing MemberPosts: 602Gear list
Like?
Matte Baryta.
Oct 1, 2013

After a lot of experimentation, and mainly by accident, I finally found my almost ideal paper - Harman Matt FB MP Baryta. It's got a lovely matte, slightly chalky surface which is smooth and prints with a range of colour and contrast that reminds me of Epson's very expensive Hot Press Natural paper.

Having bought one packet of this Harman Baryta, I find that it's now been discontinued and replaced by a range of gloss barytas, in conjunction with Hannemhule. So I'm searching again for a good matt baryta paper, with a fairly white coating - rather than the greenish tinge of Canson's Rag Photographique or the slightly glossy surface of Ilford's Gold Fibre Silk baryta.

Assuming that there is still a company that caters for people wanting smooth, matt baryta papers, does anyone know a good replacement for my Harman stuff?

-- hide signature --

Adam

AdamScot's gear list:AdamScot's gear list
Canon PowerShot S70 Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x II +9 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow