First post in YEARS... :-) need advice from Epson experts Please! Coming from 1280

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Serhat Abaci
Regular MemberPosts: 167Gear list
Like?
Re: First post in YEARS... :-) need advice from Epson experts Please! Coming from 1280
In reply to Scooter, 7 months ago

I am not really into photography since I am a IT Technician. I do repairs and service cleanig on Epson printers and I have MANY customers whom own either the rag old Epson Stylus Photo 1200 1270/1280 or 1290.

All of these are SUPERB printers and there are still service parts available.

You could upgrade your workflow with custom ICC Profiles for your papers and ink

I have some costumers who even use the 1290 with archival pigmented inks. it works quite.

If you still tend to consider an placement the cheapest would be the 6 color dye printer Epson Artisan 1430 its just an replacement not an "upgrade" so far. The R2000 with gloss optimizer or the R3000 with three shades of black and Vivid mangenta both equiped with pigmented inks would definetly an update.

The print speed, native print resolution and many other factory should be considered

I own for my personal printing issues an R3000, R1900, two Epson 1400 and two P50 (Artisan 50) and printing heavily

Serhat Abaci's gear list:Serhat Abaci's gear list
Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Epson Artisan 50 Epson Artisan 835 Epson PictureMate Charm +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow