How can I keep my D-600 when...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
stevo23
Senior MemberPosts: 3,147Gear list
Like?
Re: How can I keep my D-600 when...
In reply to Hugo808, 10 months ago

Hugo808 wrote:

I don't know how many actuations you have on the camera, but whatever causes the sticky spots seems to go away after 3000 although mine took about 5000. A wet clean is for me a necessary skill for any DSLR as I shoot outdoors and accumulate all manner of dust and debris.

But I can assure you the frequency of needed cleanings drops significantly to normal intervals.

But aren't you guys seriously annoyed that a major company like Nikon would sell a product that is obviously defective and was from day one?

That's the point, I don't think it's defective.

Nobody minds problems if they are sorted out swiftly but this is a joke! It stopped me buying one - that and the tiny DX focus sensor array didn't help- I kind of expect something to work properly when I buy it and it doesn't matter how much or little I spend, but this is an expensive camera! I don't want to waste time doing wet cleans when it isn't my fault.

You'll be wet cleaning it no matter what. In this camera's case, one or two extra cleans until it quits. As for the focus array, whatever. I don't thrive on auto focus anyhow.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow