where to go when 20 mm 1.7 leaves me cold.. ??

Started Sep 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jagge
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,891Gear list
Like?
where to go when 20 mm 1.7 leaves me cold.. ??
Sep 30, 2013

Hey

I have a G2 and a 20 mm 1.7. The problem is that even with the good reviews that one has it leaves me a bit cold. Now the G2 is not a great cam, so maybe thats part of the issue, BUT the dof control on the 20 mm is really not very impressive. Just today I shoot some informal portraits at 1.7 and even at 1.7 with a distance of estimated 2 m to the subjects  I am not thrilled.

So where does it leaves me. I am again a bit unsure which direction to go in. I realy dont want to stir up a lot of dust in the whole m43 / ff / aps-c debate, I am not a troll i am just trying to figure out if m43 will serve me if I decide to invest fully in this line.

I love teh small size and the focus on both video and stills. I am thinking about the 25 mm 1.4 but I guess the real issue is that there is only ONE 1.4 lense for M43, that is a issue for sure. So If I want subject isolation, I only have 25 mm 1.4, 45 mm 1.8 and the 75 mm as options.

So I guess the 25 mm 1.4 is teh one that can show me if i can truly be satisfied with m43 but its some investment to test it out ? What do you think

Best wishes

Jakob

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow