First post in YEARS... :-) need advice from Epson experts Please! Coming from 1280

Started Sep 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Scooter
Senior MemberPosts: 2,487
Like?
First post in YEARS... :-) need advice from Epson experts Please! Coming from 1280
Sep 30, 2013

Hey guys,

I've been using CIS with Epson 1280 for years using Qimage and the results have been great.  But I'm in the midst of some issues with my CIS and it's either continue to make these old dogs work or upgrade.

My primary business is actor headshots... 8x10's on cheap Epson Matte Presentation paper with great results.  I honestly can't imagine that spending a bunch of money is going to get me seriously noticeable better results but I'm sure I could be wrong.  Do any of you recommend an upgrade?  I am not in need of outstanding B&W results, just excellent color prints.  I have calibrated Eizo monitors and like I say, I'm fine with the results but if you think the new tech would impress, I'm willing to spend the bucks.

I would be HUGELY grateful for any comments, recommendations or suggestions... should I try to keep the 1280's going (hugely economical) or would I be happy if I opened up to some new technology?  I don't mind spending some money, but only if the newer printers seriously have come a long way.

Thanks for anything you might offer.

yer pal,

Scooter

-- hide signature --

I'm Scooter, and I approve of this message.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow