Started Sep 30, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Photo Geezer
Regular MemberPosts: 253Gear list
Like?
Which iMac for new D800 with video?
Sep 30, 2013

Help please. I am hoping to get a Nikon D800 in the near future and need some advice on which imac model to get. My questions are...

Can I import my old image files from my PC with the included software which are currently in Photoshop Elements and can I maintain my Tags info? I have about 50,000 images averaging around 3megs per image. I will purchase the new full version of Photoshop.

I am primarily a still photographer but would also like to do some minimal editing of video files from old VHS tapes and will also like to work with the new video capabilities of the d800.

I will be working with raw files and will like to use Photoshop and Lightroom.

Will I need to calibrate the monitor on a regular basis for working with color images? If so, what device is recommended and how often.

What amount of RAM is recommended for using Photoshop and Lightroom?

Will I be able to attach my Dell Laptop to the monitor? it is a new Intel i5 processor with 8 gigs of ram. I will also be using an Epson R2400 model printer for both color and B/W printing.

Thanks so much for your help.

Bill G

-- hide signature --

Photo Geezer

Photo Geezer's gear list:Photo Geezer's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P600 Nikon D300 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow