Happy with what you have?

Started Sep 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Elliern
Regular MemberPosts: 231
Like?
Re: Happy with what you have?
In reply to 57LowRider, Sep 30, 2013

57LowRider wrote:

The Bank of International Settlements tell us that the global economy is in a much worse state than 2008; MoneyWeek say that the game is up and UK debt (700 billion quid in 2008) is now approaching 1.4 trillion. We're about to go off the fiscal cliff and cameras will be beyond luxury very soon.

So, are you happy with what you have? Do you have a camera that is going to have to last 10, 20 or 30 years?

I have Fuji X-system stuff. Frankly, I don't know how long it will last; is anything, apart from, say, Leica built to last more than 5 years? With the prospect of imminent financial collapse, what would you like the last camera you ever buy to be?

Well, this is really more of a political question, isn't it?

Regarding my cameras, in fact most of my possessions, I could live happily and enjoy what I have for many years to come.  Even though I still enjoy new toys now and then, I don't actually need them.  And they do not determine my happiness level.

Regarding your end of the world predictions...ain't gonna happen.  I have been hearing similar statements since I was a child.  (well over 60 years ago)  Read some of the newspapers from back in the 20's and 30's.  There will always be economical ups and downs.  Some of the ups are way up...and some lows are way down.  We are one of the richest people in the world.  Just relax, be thankful for all you have, enjoy what you do have and then go help someone less fortunate...either in this country or another.  You will enjoy your life so much more and might even be happy.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow