Senior MemberPosts: 3,912Gear list
Like?
Re: How can I keep my D-600 when...
In reply to 57even, Sep 30, 2013

57even wrote:

michaeladawson wrote:

57even wrote:

Peter Damroth wrote:

I had lot's of spots on the sensor, then got the camera r+r by Nikon. Less than 100 shots later I have MORE spots....a lot of them. I was working in the studio using the camera for a catalog and now I have spots on the products and around the products. This is wrong to sell a camera that is clearly defective.

AND spots are not always in a sky etc. Spots on products are sometimes very difficult to remove.

Oh, yes I was working at f11.....because the job called for that. Very Disappointed....

-- hide signature --

Peter Damroth Photography

You have a good case for a replacement or refund. Who did you buy the camera from? In law its really their responsibility, but you may persuade Nikon to replace it with a D610.

Why do you think the problem will be fixed with a D610? I would be willing to bet that the shutter in the D610 can be installed in the D600 as well. Unless Nikon has designed some new electronics into it that won't work on a D600. If the shutter can be put into a D600 why isn't it already being done with repairs?

What a lot of speculation, all groundless. If Nikon did not have a problem with the D600 the D610 would not be released so soon, and if the D610 is not redesigned to fix the problem then Nikon are going to look pretty stupid.

You assume the 610 fixes an actual problem. It could very well be that the problem was fixed on the 600, but in order to get it moving off the shelves again, they have a perception to repair. Apparently, something (I wonder what) stalled sales of the D600 and a lot of them were still on the shelves in June (for instance).

Interchangeable? I have no idea. But if so, how come none of the shutter and mirror box replacements seem to work? There must have been some other more profound design flaw which Nikon have not admitted to.

No one seems to know if its a design flaw or a poor subassembly /process tolerance problem. I think it's likely to be the latter simply because the problem goes away over time. My time in manufacturing taught me that it's a difficult thing to get perfect products 100% of the time.

If the shutter manufacturing line (3rd party?) changed one small parameter, it could have caused this whole thing and a whole batch of bad shutters may have left the lines and made it into our cameras. The size of the issue would then be related to how many they made in a single run and when they discovered the problem.

Again, having spent some time in manufacturing, this is the most likely scenario in my mind.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow