Aftermarket Battery Grip Survey (Nikon D90/D7000/D7100)

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
scokill
Senior MemberPosts: 1,467Gear list
Like?
Re: Aftermarket Battery Grip Survey (Nikon D90/D7000/D7100)
In reply to jimoyer, 10 months ago

jimoyer wrote:

I've been using a Pixel on my D7100 for a while now without issue. The rear control dial feels very similar to the factory dial. The front control dial has a more plasticy feel to it, but I actually like it (almost more than the dampened, ruberized Nikon feel). The shutter release and lock don't have the dampened Nikon factory feel to them, but they're not bad. All in all, it does what it's supposed to without incidents of any type. Build quality wise is about the same as my Nikon grip on my D200. The ONLY think I have noticed is the flip open "key" for the battery tray seems to be a bit loose (like it will flop around a bit loose).

I just recently received the Pixel for my d7100 and used the Meike on my d7000 for a couple of years with no issues.

I don't use the extra battery slots as my purpose is only for portrait shooting and balance.

scokill's gear list:scokill's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow